Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Leah and David arrived this morning from London where they have been spending the last few days. I was at Dad’s prepping for tomorrow so I’ve seen them. After dropping their things they went off to do some sight seeing. This evening we are going out on the town.



“Facilitating adultery is my new sodomy,” an interesting conjunction expressed by Eva. Except professionally my past is bereft of assignations with married men. This isn’t because I’m particularly opposed to poaching, as I’ve had affairs with married women, but the circumstance has not occurred where a married man was an interesting option. For now my view of adultery is similar to that of my Aunt Lillian (mother’s sister), who posits the view that at times in a woman’s life a married man may prove to be the best of options and that in such circumstances it is allowable to ‘borrow’ the man as long as you put him back when you’re finished.

Oh and 'dying electric' is much more interesting that several other options.

Kim

3 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

I do so like your Aunt Lillian's opinion. There is a nice refinement and gentleness to those words.

-G

7:24 PM  
Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

I do so like your Aunt Lillian's opinion. There is a nice refinement and gentleness to those words.

-G

7:25 PM  
Blogger John Psmyth said...

I knew if I checked here I'd find a Thanksgiving post. Thanks.

Perhaps you're not familiar with this famous post by the late, great Art Buchwald? For the International Herald Tribune back in the day when that paper was a real paper....

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home