Saturday, December 18, 2004

Found out last evening that I’m legend in a small Paris social circle. I’m the woman who broke the heart of the Heartbreaker (Dmitri).

Last evening was a holiday party among D’s friends. I got in a conversation with Elena, who is probably the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met. She reminded me of our first meeting, which was also the day I met Dmitri and her BF, she asked about Elyse and we began to laugh about Elena showing up to quash Elyse’s moves on the BF. Then she told me that it was nice to see me with Dmitri because he was so hurt that I ended our relationship. But that none of the girls felt too sorry for him, as he had done the same to many of them. This schadenfreude bothers me I care about D, I ended the romance because he would only have been hurt more if we continued to see each other.


It has been rainy and cold in Paris for the last several days. The kind of weather that chills you to the bone and of course the days are short, not light till after 8:30 and dark before 5:00. On the street today I saw a girl with a bright pink slicker and bright yellow wellies defying the grayness of the city. I think she’s on to something. Earlier the weather forecasters were predicting snow for tomorrow and Monday, but now just more rain. I’d like to see the ground covered to knee deep so we can have a white Christmas.


Tonight I’m attending a formal ball with a client. When invited I thought I’d need to buy a dress, not having anything suitable. When packing for Paris I sold a gown that I loved but simply couldn’t justify bringing due to space. I mentioned this to Elyse and planned to shop with her, but then last week she came home and announced that she found me a dress, or more accurately arranged to borrow one from where she works.

Kim

3 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

A legend! Wow. ;) You'll be making cameo appearances in history texts next. And how cool is the dress situation!

Hope you had a great evening!

-G

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, my...that’s quite an enviable title to hold. One could certainly wield this new-found power in interesting ways. Somehow, I think it simply made you smile.

I’m sure you looked divine at the ball. I’m dying to know what you wore (being the perennial girly-girl I am) though I believe you’ve already shared a great deal through your “50 things” list that was most revealing and poignant.

Kisses,
Chloe

5:29 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Chole, it's funny Elyse, AM and Wendy said the same thing, but I feel sorry for him. But then my feelings for him are still unresolved.

Now the dress. Silk georgette halter with beading on the bust, deep blue, nearly black floor lenght straight skirt.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home