Monday, December 06, 2004

Jacques

My relationship with Jacques is different than my relationship with any other client and as I am learning more complicated than I realized.

Our basic relationship of course is paid companion/sex toy. But he also uses me as a business tool, having me act as a second pair of eyes and ears in social/business situations. He loves to talk about business and business strategy and what motivates people, so that is a regular part of our conversation and frankly I’ve an extremely willing student. From that, Jacques has become sort of a mentor and I have asked him to critique my analysis of opportunities and choices. I’ve never asked him for a referral or help, and didn’t ask him to intervene on my behalf in the hotel project, but I don’t know if the original suggestion to include me in that opportunity didn’t come from him.

It’s probably natural that I’ve become emotionally entwined with him but as DTG asks, is that a good idea? It’s a lousy idea and I need to rectify it, even if it means losing him as a client.

The real problem is much larger, all of my personal relationships are at an arms length and that is eating at me.

Kim

3 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

I wish I had wise words of advice for you, my friend. Nothing comes to mind, though, that does not instantly seem trite and contrived.

Sometimes the weaving of lives is inevitable. There is nothing more we can do to stop it than we can slow the earth in its orbit.

-G

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The real problem is much larger, all of my personal relationships are at an arms length and that is eating at me."

Has this always been the case for you? or is it something that has developed or become more noticeable since you became a sex worker?

DTG xxoo

7:18 PM  
Blogger John Psmyth said...

McG --

Je vois que vous dire...

If I have that one right ;-)

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home