Friday, December 03, 2004

Last night I had dinner with Michel, our conversation was about his recent trip to China. I was genuinely interested rather than feigning interest in whatever the client has to say. That is probably why I didn’t notice the couple that entered and were seated a few tables away. When I did take notice of them I saw her first. A stunning blond in her early thirties, if her beauty didn’t catch your eye then the sparkling stones that hung around her neck and dangled from her ears would. I wondered if she traveled with an armed guard.

When the server stepped away from the table I was looking straight a Jacques. I hope I smothered my reaction and Michel didn’t notice, but I was surprised, actually I was shocked. What was Jacques doing with that woman was my first thought. About then our server brought the next course and that distracted me. Later I fretted about it, after all Jacques in not an insignificant part of my income. But that’s the rational side; emotionally I’m unsettled just because he was with another woman.

Can a whore be jealous?

Kim

5 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

Of course you can be jealous! When you invest time and emotion in someone, even if it's for hire, you still want to know they're being honest with you.

-G

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kim:
Your post answered your own question.
dave

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose you can be, but is it a good sign if you are investing emotionally in a man who is a paying client?

DTG xxoo

3:07 PM  
Blogger NCTRNL said...

I think that you give up the right to be jealous when you are with many different men. Do you wonder if he got jealous when he saw you with your guy?

nctrnl.blogspot.com

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bit hypocritical of you, no? Maybe he tried to book you but you were already taken. perhaps he even tracked you down to taunt you. Either way - he is just a client, no matter how you slice it. And you are a working girl. You can replace him.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home