Friday, January 14, 2005

I have the apartment to myself this weekend, Elyse is in London, and so I'm staying in this evening. After having been gone so much being home is a luxury. I wish our apartment had a fireplace, or at least a working one. We have mantle but the fire pit itself is bricked over. This evening I gathered all the candles I could find and set them on the hearth. It's the best I can do. The damp and cold had chilled me so earlier I took a bath and slipped into flannel jammies and a heavy robe.

Tuesday I embarrassed myself. The evening with Lucian went well, the dance company was great and we had a nice dinner later. We returned to his apartment and while he was in the bathroom I undressed and got into bed, by the time he came out I had fallen asleep and didn't wake till morning. He was nice about it and teased me a bit. I asked him if his morning plans could be cancelled so I could make it up. They could so I made him breakfast and later we had sex.

By the time I got back to my place I needed to leave for the airport as I had a flight to Stockholm. I’m glad my bags were packed the day before as I got to the gate with only a few minutes to spare. It was rainy, damp and cold in Stockholm, I think I’d rather it snowed. This was the first time I had been there so Thursday I took a tour of the city using one of the services. Later I poked through the shops as I usually do, though I didn’t buy anything. I’m looking forward to going back again.


When Christine got home last week she messaged me in response to a couple of message I had left. She said thing would be fine but she needed a couple of days to collect her thoughts and would be in touch. Friday I received a long email from her. She explained what was going on, how she was surprised by her reaction to my working and wondered if I had felt the same when she worked. She also was feeling very insecure in not knowing when we would see each other again.

We’ve talked a few times this week and have decided to travel to San Francisco and the wine country during her spring break. I offered to bring her to Paris but she would like to visit places that she may consider living in the future. This is fine with me while I’ve been to SF I’ve never been outside the city, besides the weather will be much nicer that gray Paris in March.


I noticed in the paper that the Bush has called off the search for WMD. I guess that only leave OJ seeking Nichole’s killer conducting a fruitless search.

Oh, I understand that FRAT BOY behavior even permeates
the English public school system. Thanks for the insight Prince H.

Kim

1 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

Hmmmmm ... so, among so many other things worthy of comment, you're telling me March is not exactly the best time to visit Paris?

-G

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home