Friday, January 07, 2005

Thursday morning the agency called my client for that evening had cancelled, did I want them to try and fill it? “No,” I replied. When I hung up I felt like a kid who just learned school was cancelled due to a snowstorm. I just sat there for a few minutes and basked in that feeling. “Key West,” I thought and smiled.

I love Key West, mostly from the fond memories of spending the holidays there with my sisters. I had intentionally left Friday free and now I was free till Saturday evening. I checked for flights and figured I could make the next available if I hurried. First I called the hotel desk and asked if they would store my bags for a couple of days, they would so I threw a few things into a satchel and packed the rest.

I just barely made the plane and arrived with out a place to stay. I had the names of two inns that we had stayed in the past so I called them and one had a room available for two nights. Whoopee, I was set. I got settled in and took a nap under a palm tree by the pool. Later wandered down to Mallory Sq. with a couple of women I met to watch the sunset and the people. Dining and dancing completed the evening and today I think I’ll lie about then hit repeat.

Kim

3 Comments:

Blogger NCTRNL said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. I would kill for a nap under a Palm Tree right now...

6:06 PM  
Blogger C.K. said...

I spent a winter working on cruise ships in the Caribbean, but never managed to make it down to Key West.

I am very envious of you!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Librarian Babe said...

Sounds like the life we all want! Being able to book a last minute flight and go relax under a palm tree. *sigh* And I'm not even a warm weather/beach sort of person.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home