Monday, January 17, 2005

Wendy and I had a late dinner last evening and then returned to the apartment. We talked of her return to the states and her plans are when she finishes her degree. She said she would like to return to Paris, which she as grown to love. Paris is as easy place to love, especially for those of us who come from elsewhere.

She stayed the night and in the morning I made her breakfast and sent her off to work. I might have possibilities as a housewife.

Tomorrow I leave with Michel for St. Moritz on a ski vacation through Saturday. He owns a house there. It will be interesting, as I’ve only attempted skiing one other time with comical results.

*************************************

A browser question. Typically I use Netscape as my browser and have been experimenting with Firefox. With both the appearance of Mercurial Girl is ‘normal,’ meaning that the title box is at the top of the page with the ‘post’ column to the left with the sidebar to the right. In loading pictures the other day I noticed that with Internet Explorer the sidebar ends up below the posts, but still on the right hand side of the page.

Are other IE users having this problem? And if so can any of you tech gurus out there make a suggestion of a change to the template I can make to resolve the problem? If the issue is specific to my computer then I don’t care but if it is a general IE issue I’d like to try and resolve it.

Kim

3 Comments:

Blogger Lili said...

The size of your picture posts may be pushing your right column down. If you post something to wide for the page sometimes this will happen. If you're uploading pictures using Hello the program should automatically make the pictures fit the page.
I know with my page if a blog title in my link list is too long it will pop the right column down to the bottom, so I shorten titles.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks, when I posted your pictures as part of the post I simply linked them to the URL that they have on your blog and didn't use Hello. I noticed they ended up larger than I expected.

With Mozzila browsers the pic just bleeds over into the sidebar. If this is the problem then it will resolve itself

K

8:34 PM  
Blogger darling maggot said...

ie on mac os x does this, too, as i just checked. however, i wouldn't worry, as it's probably just ie not being as compliant as the mozilla or firefox browsers.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home