Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The bell captain recognized me he knows what I am. It’s a little after One AM and I need a taxi. The hotel is convenient to CDG and popular with executives who have early morning flights. I’ve been here several times but this is the second night in a row and the third time in a week.

“Mademoiselle are you leaving us this evening?” There is an edge to the question. “We hope there is nothing amiss?

I’m uncomfortable and it shows. I just want to get out of here.

“Everything is fine, could I have a taxi.”

The captain nods at the doorman who signals for a cab. As I enter the taxi I look back, the bell captain is staring at me; his feet spread, hands behind his back.

I hope I’m not returning here soon.

Kim

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always leave with a smile on your face. Smile sweetly with a big grin and a wink at 'em. What he really wants is some extra scratch probably. Everybody wants their palms greased. They've come to expect it I bet. --VJ

9:36 AM  
Blogger darling maggot said...

i agree. take care of him and he could be an ally. it's probably all he wants. i think him disillusioned if he's upset about any whoring going on in his place of employment. rather i think he's upset he isn't getting a small taste of the proceeds.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Ruben Glines said...

Good blog. Keep it running!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home