Thursday, February 24, 2005

Getting away with Anne Marie was nice. We skied some together, but like Michel she went off on her own. I did better this time and I think I’m getting the hang of it. As long as I don’t go too fast.

Wednesday evening we decided to stay in and order room service. Our room had a whirlpool in it and we had brought along massage oils. So we exchanged massages, sipped wine and soaked. AM knows what I do, but never asks me about it. She doesn’t approve so I stifle my urge to talk about it.

That night for some reason she asked me how things were going. I was surprised, but it gave me a chance to get feedback from a friend on my concerns about building a resume in a legitimate job. It was nice to have someone to bounce those thoughts off of. Only you dear readers, my financial advisor/accountant and Christine have been privy to this. She got in a point on how my concerns would be resolved if I just focused on a legitimate job, but felt that my plan was reasonable.

She asked about Dmitri, so I told her about Valentine’s Day. And she pointed out that this is another problem that would likely be resolved if I had a legitimate life.

I asked her about Erica and she admitted that the relationship was sucking the life out of her, even though Erica was in Copenhagen and they only saw each other once or twice a month. Erica is like that, a taker, when we visited there last fall I felt myself falling under her spell and if it wasn’t for the fact that she was still in a relationship with her baby’s father I may have let myself fall.

Kim

5 Comments:

Anonymous Sweeney said...

Dear Kim,
What time zone have you been skiing in? Your post says Friday but it's still Thursday in France! Or have you picked up French habits, as in "le Monde" newspaper, published in the afternoon but dated the next day?
Or perhaps it's your software that's jetlagged? I note in the preview that this post is timed as 9.30 A.M. when in fact it's 6.30 P.M. ! All the best!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

Glad you were able to have some fun and truly friendly conversation. Sounds like a wonderful time.

-G

8:08 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

You've heard of the concept of post dating checks?

I had a few moments while waiting for AM and began the post with the intention of saving it as a draft and adding to it later. Then I changed my mind, forgetting that I had fooled with the date.

Kim

11:22 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I have subsequently adjusted the date to be correct.

Kim

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, Of course you've got a glorious future in accountancy...

The 2 track issue is a bit problematic, but with some diligence you can pull it off. But it's one of the trains that will allow for a comfortable retirement, we just don't know which just yet I imagine.
Good Luck! VJ

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home