Monday, February 14, 2005

We had just finished having sex on the couch in the center of the loft. I was wrapped in a blanket and Thierry wore a robe. Thierry had engaged me for the weekend and now it was Sunday afternoon. He’s a quiet, painfully shy man. The first time we were together I felt it did not go well and that he didn’t like me, so I was quite surprised when he asked to see me again.

He’s the youngest of the men I see and thirty-two. A scientist and engineer he is going through a bitter divorce. From what he has told me, and he has said too much, he never saw her leaving coming. That he came home one evening and she was gone with their children. Over the past several months I’ve seen him a number of times, usually for the weekend and often to attend formal events.

Yesterday as we walked along the Seine he offered me an apartment, along with a generous retainer. I don’t know if Valentine’s day has anything to do with it but the Retailer offered an apartment last week, but with out the stipend. I turned them both down, the Retailer, flatly and Thierry, gently. His offer is tempting and would allow me to pursue a legitimate career while still being able to build my savings. But I don’t want to be kept is one reason and another is that I’m afraid the Thierry is blurring the line of our relationship.

There was a knock on the door and I asked him if he was expecting someone. He wasn’t and went to answer it. With nowhere to go in the space I wrapped the blanket more tightly around. When he opened the door a girl of about sixteen, his sister, burst in followed by another, her friend. She began to ask why he was still in a robe when she saw me and her faced burned red with embarrassment. She stammered and Thierry introduced us. I said hello and apologized for not getting up and as quickly as they came they were gone.

He came and sat next to me and I place my head in his lap. He stroked my hair and told me that he wanted me to meet his friends and family. I shook his head and told him no, reminding him that ours was not that kind of relationship. A pained expression descended upon his face. We stayed that way for a while and then it was time for me to go,

****************************

Tonight I’m seeing Dimitri for Valentine’s Day; he is going to make me dinner.

Kim

4 Comments:

Blogger me said...

I like the pun:-)

3:25 PM  
Blogger NCTRNL said...

I am sure it's pretty easy for the line to get blurry...

4:15 PM  
Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

Pain makes it difficult to see the lines. :)

Here's hoping your dinner is delightful.

-G

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Complications. Expect some more too, as the news makes it's way across the network. Still, independence always comes at a price and a cost.
Good Luck, VJ

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home