Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Dad and Juliette are here through the weekend. It is good to see them; it reminds me how much I missed them. It looks like now they are going to be in Capetown till the end of the year. We decided to suggest Thanksgiving in Capetown and polled my siblings; everyone thought it was a good idea.

I looked at my proposed schedule for the next couple of months and I think I’m going to live out of a suitcase. Of course not all the dates will be filled so it won’t be that bad.

Iowa sent this along, shades of the Somerville Gates.

Something that I’m curious about regarding those who seek to intervene in the Schaivo matter. Why is death so wrong and life so important? If you believe in a divine spirit and a glorious afterlife, then what is wrong with dying and having your soul ascend to heaven?

Kim


6 Comments:

Anonymous jo said...

Oooo touche, you are the first person that I have seen raise that thought about Teri.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

That's right, your Dad is working in South Africa for a year. Did they take the pugs with them? Or do you get to baby-sit them? :) You always have cute stories about them. :D Are you going to live out of a suitcase for the next couple of months because you'll be "entertaining" or doing some marketing gigs?

Yeah, the Schiavo case really bothers me. I wish the family can settle their issues privately instead of making it so ugly. What I hate most is the Bush admin and congressional republicans having to intervened when the case was thoroughly reviewed in the Florida courts. Even the Federal judge today rebuffed their actions. You definitely make a good point about accepting the afterlife if they are truly spritiual or religious. I guess the family is clinging on to her for their selfish reasons.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Jo: some of my youthful Sunday school lessons kind of percolated up. Thought some more about it and I'm coming to the conclusion that part of what is happening is that these folks are 'buffet' Christians, taking only those portions of the bible that fit their biases.

Pete: The pugs are in SA and I miss them. I'll be entertaining.

You nailed it on the polititians. My point was not to raise a question about the family, but about the freak show going on outside the hospice. I can understand the family's hopes for a miracle.

7:26 AM  
Blogger NCTRNL said...

Yeah, there seem to be a lot of differing opinions and then today I see a priest on TV...of course on the family's side...that says he was with Terri last night and he says that she's obviously in tremendous pain. He was comparing her to before when she was laughing (he's kidding right?), her eyes were "oscillating" (yes, that's the word he used as if that's a good thing), and how she is sunken in and looking horrible. Just let the woman go and get off of my TV...

4:59 PM  
Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

Hey, beautiful! I hope you're enjoying the time with your family!

Too bad no one thought about letting the poor girl die in peace.

-G

4:47 AM  
Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

I hope you are enjoying the time with your family!

I don't understand why no one felt it was important to let the poor girl die in peace.

-G

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home