Sunday, April 03, 2005

Dad and Juliette left this afternoon for Capetown and the pugs, who I’m sure will signal there happiness by wiggling their pudgy bodies and then settling to waiting laps.


I saw Thierry Friday evening, and Saturday I went shopping with him to give him a woman’s perspective on what clothing suits him best. He’s coming out of his funk and while he will always be quiet and contemplative he’s revealing a very dry sense of humor. He’s also experiencing some schadenfreude regarding some business reversals his ex is having and he’s doesn’t feel guilty about it.

The family went to dinner Saturday, both Dad and J miss Paris for dining out.


Elyse and Mike have a plan. E will follow Mike to the states at the end of May and will enroll in college. For career purposes she needs to get her degree and being a student will make the visa process simpler. They will return to Paris for their wedding in September

Kim

5 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

So many people, their lives swirling in and out around yours ... rather poetic is a visual sense.

-G

4:24 AM  
Blogger NCTRNL said...

It probably sounds completely self centered but it sometimes amazes me when you really realize how much is going on with other people around you. It's pretty crazy...

6:16 AM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Just curious, are you going to be Elyse's maid of honor since you introduced them together? What is your living arrangement going to be like after Elyse get married? Sorry if I'm being a downer but I'm thinking how you will be affected by all these changes. Take care!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

schadenfreude

I don't recall encountering that word before. Thanks for new word.

Iowa

1:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

It is sometimes hard to remember that the lives of others can be busier than one's own. Even when life appears completely mundane.

E's sister will be her maid of honor and she has asked me to be a brides maid. Can't wait to see what she picks for a dress.

As far as my living situation goes, our lease is up the end of May. I have spoken with the manager and I'll stay till the end of June. Since I'm going to travel over the summer I'll wait till I return to find a new place.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home