Thursday, May 19, 2005

Yesterday, just after I finished reading the latest news from Smallville, via Iowa, and letting him know my dinner plans the phone rang. Elyse got it and chatted with someone. She hung up and said that it was Chloe, she and Anne Marie were inviting themselves to dinner and they’d bring along some more cod.

I had returned from Cannes around noon Wednesday and despite the amount of work I have to do I just felt like lazing about Paris for the day. So I did and I did so today also.

Following dinner Chloe brought out her secret stash. She had been in the ninth that day and stopped at La Maison du Chocolat, MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! Better than most sex. I’m glad they invited themselves for dinner. Having eaten and drank too much we needed exercise so it was off to Le Pulp to dance.

Kim

7 Comments:

Anonymous Volpina said...

I used to go to the Pulp a lot. Maybe I saw you there... Wow, exciting.
Kiss

10:04 PM  
Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

You want to keep the friends who share their secret chocolate stash with you. :)

-G

3:43 AM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Weclome back from Cannes! Hope it was an enjoyable visit. Never had chocolat that is better than sex but maybe because I'm a guy! :D

4:03 AM  
Anonymous TheLimey said...

Stumbled onto your blog, a very entertaining and interesting read, good stuff I will be keeping up with the Iowa girl's adventures. I moved in the oposite direction across the Atlantic, from London (and a stint in Brussells) to NYC to live.I have yet to visit Iowa.
The thing that struck me the most was how quickly 'E' got a US visa (how dull of me). Having been through the process myself (F1 student and H1B) the fact she got so quickly is amazing, what's her secret?

9:29 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Since E is marrying a US citizen in September the rules change then, so she needed simply to have a visa that would allow her be in the US from June till the wedding.

A tourist visa with an extension allowed for that and was readily available. The inability to work isn't a problem as Mike will support her.

Subsequently she has been accepted at a college and she has been pursuing that visa also which allows limited employment opportunities.

She did need to wait the normal periods and with out re-reading my post regarding this, I may have overstated her actual position at the time

12:22 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

BTW, I'm not from Iowa. Iowa is the nom de plume of a reader.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous theLimey said...

Opps I need to read more cafefully where names are concerned!

Better watch the visa 'journey'. Entering to get married (which she clear is) is 'immigration intent' and requires a K1 visa. After the marriage evrything changes but before that its tough (maybe thats why she didn't bother).So she basically snuck in on a B2 without mentioning the marriage....just don't get caught.....

keep up the good 'work!'

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home