Wednesday, August 24, 2005

In a little while it will be my birthday; the big two – four. I’m awaiting calls from friends. We have a little game of calling each other at midnight of our birthdays.


Getting adjusted to my temporary shelter. It’s in the eight a large one-bedroom apartment with a study. The owner has it decorated in early Marie Antoinette. The kitchen though is a disaster being slightly above Buster’s accommodations. Her attitude is that Paris has wonderful restaurants and she has many friends who love to cook.


Went to the salon this morning, Gregory took one look at me and said “I don’t think we can fix disasters…” Anyway my hair now is nearly as short as Natalie’s.


Do you realize how many business and industry organizations exist in a city like Paris? For me they are good marketing and networking opportunities so I’m trying to fit as many as possible into my schedule.

This afternoon I met with one of my possible business coaches and I also met with one yesterday. We spent about two hours over coffee. He’s about sixty, semi retired and has owned his own business and has also been an executive in a large company. I liked him, I particularly liked how he saw his role and how he approaches mentoring. He is the most expensive and by a significant amount. The other interviews are scheduled for tomorrow and Friday. I’m planning to select two and see if they are still interested in working with me. If not I’ll need to start the process over.


I began taking my medication for depression. It’s not that I’ve been down but a few of the warning signs are popping up and autumn is always a difficult time for me. With the business starting I don’t feel like I can risk not being able to function at my utmost.


Weird dream report: I was being sent to Iraq leading a team on some sort of secret government mission. Raymi the Minx was leading another team. Very strange.

Lucian called; he wants to see me Friday evening.

Kim

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kim! I hope it'll be a memorable one. I can't recall mine...
Good Luck with the biz coaches, I'd try to bargain for their rates if at all possible. Some of this stuff relies on networking skills , and I'm sure you've got talents and contacts there. Other than that it's organizational with some dash of inspiration. I think you could do very well with the artistic & innovative sentiment too.

Cheers, 'VJ' Ga.

3:49 AM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Just a quick note to say "Happy Birthday" to you, Kim! Wish you great success with the business endeavor! :)

4:15 AM  
Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

Happy, HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday!

Wish I was closer. I'd love to talk business with you.

-G

4:14 PM  
Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Mim RedBeard said...

Happy Birthday Kim, good luck with this new venture you are starting. I do hope it works for you.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kim,

Happy Birthday. Wishing you the best of luck with your business venture.

It is the right road to financial freedom, and then true freedom of thinking of and doing what you really love with no obligation.

You were self-employed and now you are becoming a business owner, that is a great change, you shall have more time for yourself and your friends and for doing anything you like.

Sincerely

Khaled

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home