Thursday, October 20, 2005

If I’m up already I’m going to have a long day ahead.

This evening I travel to London and late dinner with a friend. Tomorrow I meet Gavin at his house in the country. It seems our hunting trip of last year is becoming an annual event.

I’m can’t say I enjoy the hunting, though I will carry my own shotgun and take a few shots. I’ll miss. I enjoy watching the dogs as they are so excited and anxious to please. I hope it doesn’t rain all weekend. The rest of the weekend will be nice. His friends are nice and there will be a dinner party Saturday.

Maybe I'll start the day with a run. Maybe after some coffee

Kim

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it sounds like fun for the English, really. Don't worry about hitting anything, the birds are hard to hit in flight. Most of the time they've just been released too, depending on how they manage the estate. But there might be some decent contacts there. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had never been to a hunt club until 03, after Red bought Doc's.
http://www.docshuntclub.com/

I went to watch him work two young dogs. One with a terrible point, but always held until Red flushed the bird. Tother, had beautiful point, but didn't hold well. That dog pounced on a bird early which flew up at a low angle about five feet above the chasing dog. Red fired. "Jesus Christ, Red, didn't you worry about hitting the dog"?

Red: "If I hadn't gotten the bird, that damn dog would be a mile down the valley after the bird!"

They even mow strips among the planted grain so the dainty hunters doesn't have to get dirty. Not the way I grew up walking sloughs, corn fields and road hunting.

Oh, Red's dogs are at
http://www.redbaronwirehairs.com/home.htm He hunts personally, competitively and shows them in conformation.

Another "oh", Red gave me five birds to eat as I left. People shoot 'em and don't eat 'em. Strange ways to this lower class fellow.
Iowa

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home