Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I’m fairly obsessive about collecting business cards and contact information and it paid off. Today I sent off target emails from a list of about 350, 347 to be precise, email addresses. Some were straight press releases regarding Kim & Co., most were marketing notices announcing I’m here and I’m willing to take their money.

I checked my mail about an hour later and I had twenty messages, emails returned as undeliverable. Just before lunch I got my first real replies…from friends and well wishers, but alas no one saying they had money to spend.

Kim

3 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

To a certain extent it's a numbers game. There is X% that will respond for every 100 email you send. Once you know the value of X then you have a general idea of how many contacts you have to make in order to meet your sales goals.

It's not easy, but if anyone can do it you can.

-G

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Kim on taking the first steps to getting started with a business. It always starts slowly though, but stick with it! Cheers, 'VJ'

10:19 AM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Hello world, here comes Kim&Co. :) Congrats! Where do I send the money I had to spend? :P Good luck with the new venture! Take care!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home