Wednesday, October 19, 2005

On the email announcements I sent yesterday there is a special link to my website. With out getting into the how’s; when someone uses the link the site captures who they are and what pages they look at. Well three people came by and spent sometime looking around and downloaded some information. I’m ecstatic they may be prospects!!

**************************
Over the summer Athena asked if she could interview me for her blog. I agreed but we decided to push it back to the fall when we would both have more time. The interview was conducted a few weeks ago and subsequently published.

She surprised me with one question; would there be a Mercurial Girl book? The answer is no. I really don’t have an interest in writing a book. But that wasn’t the first time the question has come up. About the time Belle’s book was published I received an inquiry from a woman identifying herself as an author’s representative. She was interested in speaking with me about Mercurial Girl becoming the basis of a memoir. I was flabbergasted. I find it hard to believe that my blog actually has readers and here was someone talking about a book.

Anyway I put off responding to her for a couple of hours to think about it. When I have a decision to make that takes me out of my comfort zone I often drop myself into imaginary vignettes to try on the decision. I remember two; doing an authors interview and reading on the book channel where the lighting made me look like an old hag and the other; me at fifty having a woman comment; Oh I’m sure you know Kim, she wrote that tacky book about being a whore in Paris... I decided to pass with the comment that the initial sales of Belle’s book must be good because why else was she bothering with me? She’d need to find someone else to write Bridgett Jones Turns a Trick. I moved on and didn’t really think about a book again till Athena asked.


While I admit there is a certain romanticism about being an author and that it is tempting, I believe that for me the loss of privacy would not be worth it. There is not much about the life of an author that appeals to me.

Kim

2 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

Sounds like business is moving in the right direction.

And I agree, while a book would no doubt be interesting, there would be no way you could stay anonymous for long.

-G

11:33 PM  
Blogger John Psmyth said...

Well, I'd certainly like a book deal.. I suppose I could go, masked, on the book tours...

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home