Wednesday, November 16, 2005













Kim & Co. update
. From my initial email announcement I ended up with five real opportunities, two should close in the next two months and the remaining will be in the first half of 2006. I just want one to be mine, but two would be better. I’m also sending a monthly e-newsletter that is a series of links to other articles on the web. Hopefully it will keep my name in front of decision makers with out ending up on their spam list.

I’m getting a trickle of work. It’s all subcontracted activities mostly from large marketing companies who need specific types of work done. And I in turn am subbing the work to others. Both Monday and Tuesday evening I worked till nearly midnight so that I could stay ahead.

Looking forward I’ve been measuring my progress to the point where I’ll need to hire someone, actually it will be two positions. But that presents a real problem in that I’ll need to find office space. Serendipity would be a very large project with an extended timeline and progress payments. That way I’d have the money to finance the office with out having my own income disappear and worse have to dip into my savings to pay the bills for the company.

Serendipity of a different form did leave a package at my door, actually a spreadsheet in my inbox. It was from Jacques’ administrative assistant, a couple of hundred contact names, phone numbers, email addies and even their assistants contact info. The cover email left explicit instructions that I was not use Jacques or his office as a referral source. That’s OK I bet there are a dozen opportunities hidden in that list.

Kim

2 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

Sounds like things are getting off to a WONDERFUL start! Way to go!

-G

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that AA for Jacque has done you a tremendous service. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home