Wednesday, November 09, 2005

On a typical day I’m up between five and six. On the way to the bath I turn on the coffee. My first cup is while checking email and seeing if any of my US friends are online. By six-thirty I’m out of the apartment and on my run, which is about five kilometers. The warm up and run is about forty to fifty minutes and I usually finish at the same café for an espresso and croissant over the IHT. I seldom get past the headlines when a friend or acquaintance joins me to chat. By eight-thirty I’m back at the apartment to shower and dress. By nine I’m at my computer.

I break for lunch before noon usually a salad with bread at the apartment or I’ll meet a friend. If I stay at my place I’ll blog a bit or return your emails. During the mid-week, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I often have one or more business networking events, they maybe breakfasts, lunches or cocktails and occasionally more than one in the same day. For me these are both business and social outlets. After lunch or in the late afternoon I like to nap for a half hour or so.

Two or three evenings a week I go to a health club, Anne Marie or Chloe often join me and later we’ll go out for dinner and maybe to a club. If I’m seeing a client on an evening I seI make an appointment with Gregory for a buff and shine. The evenings I stay in I’ll read both on and off line and gab with friends. Usually I’m heading for bed between eleven and twelve.

*******************

My timing is often impeccable, just when cars are bursting into flames around Paris I finally own one.

A few weeks ago I met a woman at an event. She was pregnant, her first, and at the bright shiny I’m so happy to be pregnant time. Her only regret is that she needed to give up her car and get a mom-mobile. We talked and I agreed to purchase her old car when the new one arrived. She called Monday and this morning we met and exchanged money and papers. She was sad to see her little car go and will be happy when the baby comes as she can no longer see her feet.

I drove home and parked my very own Smart fortwo cabrio in the garage around the block, where it will stay till the trouble is over. So expect my blog to become infected with bad puns like ‘she looks so smart in her Smart’ and smart girl, she has a Smart.’ Now I need to think of a name for him (I’m thinking it’s a boy) and plan a Christening.

I'm so fortwo-nate.

Kim

6 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

Every morning I hear the news and wonder whether you remain safe.

At least you're Smart. ;)

-G

5:45 PM  
Blogger el Bow said...

How wonderful. I have actually been toying with the idea of buying a fortwo cabrio. Oddly, it's between that and another motorcycle. They are lovely and clever, aren't they.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew the Smart would win.

AthenaNY

5:57 PM  
Anonymous tsb said...

okay, I won't make any puns about how smart you are :) ..... but reading your morning regimen puts me to shame. And I'm too lazy to do any workouts or runs before I start work at 9am.

cheers,
tsb (a long time reader/'lurker' of your blog, now with a blog of his own)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Come on tsb, a link to the blog
K

1:30 PM  
Anonymous tsb said...

Oh sorry, Kim. It should be this one: http://thatsaucybastard.blogspirit.com

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home