Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Pretty much the entire week was a gift from Dad to Leah and me. He picked up our airfare and the tours to the parks. I planned on going to Cape Town for Thanksgiving but most likely would have only done a day trip(s) to a park.

Leah asked me to be her Maid of Honor and I told her I’d be honored. She just can’t tell me when.

I didn’t get a chance to cook this Thanksgiving as Juliette arranged for a cook. The meal that she selected was: Appetizer; ostrich carpaccio, Salad; Smoked salmon and leaf with a red mustard seed dressing, Main; Pan-seared springbok (antelope) on a pear and vanilla compote with a wine and bay leaf reduction, Dessert; meringue layered with chocolate mousse and vanilla ice cream. She told me all are variations of meals they have had in local restaurants. I’d like to try those restaurants.

Friday we pretty much hung out and walked about the compound where Dad lives just being a family that doesn’t see enough (or maybe it is enough) of one and other. On Saturday Leah and David explored and shopped in Cape Town and Dad took me to the airport. They will return to Paris for good just before Christmas and I’ll be glad to have them back.

Oh and Abelard and Heloise were glad to see me. I wasn’t in the house five minutes and they each plopped themselves in my lap.

Kim

3 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

Sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend! Glad you had a good time.

:)

-G

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ostrich carpaccio? I've had it cooked - a red meat - but it's a fowl so is there a salmonella risk?

12:29 AM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving week! Happy that your dad will be back in Paris soon and the pubs haven't forgotten about you! :) You gotta take pics of them and post it on the blog some day. Have a wonderful week!

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home