Monday, December 05, 2005

Café Kim opened yesterday in temporary quarters at Anne Marie’s. Rather than brunch I made a turkey dinner, kind of a double Thanksgiving. We also had a christening for Waldo, which is what I decided to name my car. So when everyone arrived but prior to the mad scramble of getting dinner out on to the table, we trooped out to the sidewalk and poured a ceremonial bottle of water on Waldo’s hood.

After dinner I opened Waldo’s christening gifts. AM gave him a ski rack, we knew what adventures she has planned for him. As we passed the rack around Judith piped up and asked if I knew how it would mount it, my mechanical ineptitude is known. Her question left me confused for a second and Chloe took that moment as an opportunity to tease me by pulling up her skirt while on tip toes and offering the rack to the men in the room and grunting. That got everyone laughing, Chloe gave me a hug and Tomas offered to put the rack on. A couple of more gifts were opened, a bottle of car wash and some wheel cleaner. Last was a set of floor mats, the ones in Waldo had coffee spilled on them. As I passed them around Grégoire inquired in a deceptively innocent voice if I need help installing then and we were all laughing again. Chloe and Grégoire got to do the dishes.

Kim

4 Comments:

Blogger Garrison Steelle said...

Sounds like a most wonderful event!

-G

5:51 PM  
Blogger el Bow said...

Love it and care for it and treat it to many lovely oil changes.

I hope you two are very happy together.

el

p.s. I've moved to here

9:09 PM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

may I make a request for pics of the cute pubs and perhaps even a pic of Waldo in the distant future? Just a thought! :)

2:37 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Pete, I think you mean pugs not pubs. A Freudian slip perhaps :)

K

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home