Saturday, January 07, 2006

My date last night went fine. He has very nice friends and it was an enjoyable evening. But I realized part way through the evening that I agreed to go out with him not because I was attracted to him (although he is attractive), but because it was time to go out with someone and he happened to be in the way. I don’t know if we’ll go out again; we were both vague about a next time. But this morning I thought about how he might be a match for someone I know.

Rachel has arrived and is napping. We have already had an Amy conversation. Maybe for the first time in her life Rach is desperate to regain something she discarded and can’t make it happen. I have a feeling that they might get together again; Amy is terribly lonely but she’s still hurt and angry. Rach has a fantasy that they can simply rewind the film; I need to disabuse her of that so that she realizes that Amy can forgive her but that trust will take longer to build and that Amy will never forget.

Judith emailed me having heard about Thursday’s Whine over Wine. J has been my trolling partner and has pushed me to start dating. “Typical Kim,” she wrote. “Won’t see anyone for months and now is importing them from Denmark.” Then a big smiley. I do succumb to enthusiasms.

Oh and Elyse is coming for the Couture shows.

Kim

2 Comments:

Anonymous gaijin said...

have you done the thing where you date someone you wouldn't normally be attracted to? i never have but some people say it can yield pleasant surprises.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

At least shake him down for some biz contacts why don't you? Cheers, 'VJ'

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home