Friday, January 06, 2006

One of my New Year’s resolutions was to try a new recipe once a week. Last night Anne Marie and Chloe were my victims. They were responsible for procuring the ingredients and for cleaning up. Both tasks that were completed and dinner was a success.

Later we sat around and had our Whine over Wine, last evenings subject was the ever-popular; why is our love life so miserable. Chloe has been seeing two people, a guy whose company she enjoys but who leaves her wanting sexually and a woman who is near impossible to spend much time with but who lights Chloe up like no one she has ever known.

Anne Marie has been having a dysfunctional affair with Erika. I can understand the attraction AM feels, I felt it also, but I’ve come to the conclusion that Erika is the most selfish person I know. Erika is polyamorous, but is not always honest about it with her lovers. When she was living with Peter she was also having an affair with his friend. Peter discovered the affair after the baby was born and that of course raised all sorts of issues regarding paternity (Peter is the father). Now she keeps AM as a lover (fortunate for AM that Copenhagen is not as convenient as the 10th or even Nice) as well as the guy and stays with Peter on the days he has custody of little Peter. And who knows who else. When AM returns from Copenhagen or Erika has been in Paris, AM is a mess for days.

Peter has become a business associate, he did the Kim & Co website and I use him regularly as a subcontractor. He is coming to Paris at the end of next week on business; I’ve invited him to stay with me. That surprised him. It surprised me also.

Kim

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see. A group of women who can't decide if they're lesbian or bi, who cheat in relationships - meaning they don't have permission to have sex with others - and you wonder why your love lives suck?

I'm sorry, dear, but having a relationship means actually investing yourself in it. Your friend who likes the guy but prefers the woman sexually - has she really committed to making it work sexually with him or is she just using that as yet another crutch? The woman is difficult, so maybe that makes her hot. Maybe your friend needs the dysfunction to get off. Maybe the guy is there because she needs an unsatisfying alternative. It's pretty screwed up.

And you, you posted about a date but in the same post talked about women. Do you have a handle on your sexual identity?

4:57 PM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

I hope the previous poster read all previous post before making his judgement. But who is he/she to judge others anyways...

I don't think you, AM, and Chloe are the only people wondering why you have a dysfunctional love life because I'm sure many of us are too. If you figure it out before we do, please let us know. :) As to why you invited Peter to stay with you during his Paris visit, is it a friend thing or do you thing is something more Kim? Hmm...

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh for Pete's sake, can't you tell the difference between commentary and judgement? When you have a blog, you can't expect every comment to be "oh you poor thing" or "you go girl". I hope our blogger finds her way, whatever that may be. She's obviously mature enough to handle herself. What are you, her knight in shining armor?

3:38 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

I think and suspect that all these people are pretty much heavily invested in most of their relationships, which of course can be exhausting for anyone. But having a dysfunctional relationship with any One person of either sex can do that too. But it's best to be up front if you're a poly, it's just simpler all around.

But these are not uncommon contemporary arrangements for many families. Europeans might have slightly more 'switch hitting' than we're used to in the 'States, but this is very difficult to judge actually due to the very heavy stigma here. Cheers, 'VJ'

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much does it cost to get a prepared new recipe from Paris to the Hinterland?

I ate leftover cheap beefburger tacos last night and will have heart stopping bacon and an omlete in the AM.

Now you young folk's discussions of sex. In my simple US midwestern mind there are four rules ...
keep your nails clipped, filed and clean
if I am working on something too hard or too soft, tell me
if I am too fast or too slow, tell me
if I do something right, tell me

MF, MM, FF, whatever

Only "NO", for me, is anal for me or her. Probably my Methodist upbringing in Iowa, US
Hinterland

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home