Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A few weeks ago I had a date with a fellow, we had a nice time but things didn’t seem to click and the following Monday he sent a thank you card but didn’t mention calling and he hasn’t. On my part I made no effort to contact him.

He’s a nice guy, polite, sharp dresser, good looking and in possession of the always-impressive black AMEX card. If we continued to see each other something could have clicked and a relationship might have developed. But it didn’t.

Something that seemed like a simple get to know someone question may have revealed something of his motivation. He asked what my three major goals were for the next five years. I told him that they were to make Kim & Co successful, make Kim & Co successful and make Kim & Co successful. This surprised him and he asked why I wasn’t thinking of getting married and having kids. To which I responded, that is in the next five-year plan. It occurred to me later that this fellow having achieved a high level of success is ready for the wife and kids. And on his schedule.

This evening I was at a business-networking soiree and spoke with a woman who I’d met before. I knew she is recently divorced and has a young child, in our conversation she related that she’s interested in dating again (these events should be billed as business/social networking) and as luck would have it who walks through the door.

This stirred my inner Emma Woodhouse and I waved so he’d notice me. He is too polite not to stop and say hello and he did after greeting several others. I fed her the ‘you might want to meet him’ line as he approached and then introduced them. After a few minutes I excused myself and about an hour later I saw them heading out the door and I congratulated myself on my good deed.

*******************************

For those of you who haven’t visited Gentry de Paris’ web site recently, please do. She has lots of nice new things and Valentines Day is coming up.

Kim

4 Comments:

Blogger el Bow said...

100 Euros for a pair of knickers! I'm clearly not the sort of man that you are looking for.

12:13 AM  
Anonymous gaijin said...

you should date a tortured artist type. :P

10:42 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Yep, I'm with EB on this one. Can't do it. Would'nt be prudent. I'm sure some women would look smashing in these things, just not mine. Me, I've already got my gifts. A brelly, a new gym bag & a fruit bowl. Romantic, eh? It's what she asked for. And she says she won't be there this next week either. A fine romance with no... I've got boxes of jewelry that I've bought her that she does not wear. I've started giving it away to relatives. C'est la Vie. Cheers & Good Luck with that dastardly cupid! 'VJ'

10:11 AM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

It was nice of you to think of that woman and set her up with your ex-date. But you should also look out more for yourself! :) Take care!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home