Tuesday, February 14, 2006

“You’re the young lady who sends that interesting newsletter to my mailbox,” he said with a raffish grin, “And now I know how you obtained that email address,” he said shooting a glance at Jacques who laughed. He was a small jovial man in his fifties “And your phone number,” I replied, “though you haven’t returned my calls.” He laughed and commented, “my loss.”

It was early Friday morning and we were in the waiting area at a small airport outside Paris, Jacques’ company plane was flying twelve of us to Turin for the opening ceremonies. Everyone was in good spirits, though as I have learned discussions of business is a likely topic and that breed’s seriousness. The flight was uneventful and everyone went off to their lodgings; Jacques and I are guests at a private residence in one of the near by villages. It is a lovely home with wonderful vistas of the surrounding mountains.

At a reception prior to the opening ceremonies my jovial friend sought me out and asked the nature of my business. I started with my summary statement and he asked a few questions, most of which I anticipated and had solid answers. After about fifteen minutes he interrupted me with a hand on my arm, almost like he was petting me, and said that he saw value in my meeting with his marketing managers and said they would be in touch. Sunday when I checked my email, I found that he had copied me on a message to a pair of managers, suggesting they meet with me and letting them know I’d be calling.

I’ve been with Jacques often enough to realize that when he is working on a significant opportunity he’s sexually insatiable. Since I’m earning my money on this trip he must have something about to happen.

When Jacques invite me along, I confided that I needed to pay attention to Kim & Co and asked if he would mind if I spent my days working rather than going to events, excepting those times he needed a companion. He was fine with that and reminded me that in Athens I attended most of the events with out him. So that was set, but I was surprised that Jacques arranged with our host to allow me to use a spare office at his company. So I’m not perched on the edge of the bed with the puter on a chair as I expected.

Happy Valentine's Day

Kim

7 Comments:

Blogger Pete from Cal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Happy Valentine's day, Kim!! I was wondering if you're at the winter games! :) It is good to read about you and Jacques again. He is a good client/friend; very considerate. Hope your connection with Jacques' jovial friend would come to fruition for Kim&Co. Do you think he has ulterior interest besides Kim&Co as well? Have a good time in Turin and don't work too hard! :) Take care!

9:01 PM  
Blogger el Bow said...

Good luck with this new development and happy VD.

el

11:46 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Sounds all good. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The equivalent of double billing. Very shrewd on your part. I hope you take in some of the events though. It would be a shame to miss them simply because of work.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on you, McGirl!

- AthenaNY

3:13 AM  
Blogger ComfortablyNumb said...

Hi. I really enjoy your blog. I would like to add your link to my blog at JunkyLife if thats ok with you. Please let me know. You can email me at kelly338825@gmail.com and let me know. My blog is www.junkylife.com/comfortablynumb

Well, I cant wait to read more of your stuff. Have a great weekend!!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home