Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Abelard and Heloise have taken over the apartment. Yes the pugs are back in all their cute ugliness. Alternately snorting and snoring when they are not checking the floor and food bowls just in case a morsel has come their way. They’ll be keeping me awake till Friday.

***************************

The project in Geneva came my way through a friend who has taken a senior position at a large advertising and marketing firm. A different company had been contracted to provide the services that Kim & Co eventually provided but for some reason needed to withdraw. I know from the post show review that the client was happy with how things turned out, so this morning I called my friend hoping that he may have another morsel for me. As to be expected he wasn’t available so I left a message and went about my day.

A couple of hours later the phone rang, it was he and the vice president of marketing for the firm I worked for in Geneva. After the usual pleasantries and a review of the feedback they had received about Geneva they asked if I was interested in picking up the client’s remaining events for 2006. I was pretty sure that I hadn’t heard right so I asked them to say it again and quickly said yes before they could change their minds.

I called Mimi (my employee) to give her the news and then an email blast to my friends.

And now off to celebrate.

Kim

4 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Congratulations & much more continued success! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

8:50 PM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

oh boy, oh boy... the pugs are back!! Every time I see pugs on TV and I wonder to myself if Kim's pugs are as cute/ugly. :) Don't forget to give them lotsa love... :)

I'm so happy for Kim&Co picking up the project! It must be exhilarating! That just goes to show what great value Kim&Co provides to its clients! Hopefully, this will lead to a permanent gig that you've been hoping for! Congrats! :)

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazeltov! Glad to see the company starting to take off.

5:11 PM  
Blogger el Bow said...

Best of luck, Kim. Hopefully this will free you up to get some other monkeys off your back.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home