Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I’m PMS-ing; at lunch I eviscerated a Maitre d’. It was messy and I hated to ruin people’s lunches but it needed to be done, he was an ass hole even by Parisian standards.

About my new place; it is in a post war building that while well kept had been in serious need of updating, which the owners have embarked on. It is a one-bedroom corner unit with lots of sun but not much of a view, just the roof of an adjacent building and an alley. The neighborhood is convenient with a Metro stop a couple of blocks away and a parking garage nearby. Waldo already has reservations. It came down to this apartment and another in a more attractive building. The rents are similar but my place has a larger living room. Big enough to allow me to put my desk near a window and arrange the furniture so it doesn’t feel if I am sitting in an office. The best news is that it will be completely updated; new cabinets, counter tops and appliances. The floors are being refinished and the bath is also being spiffed up. Hopefully I’ll be able to move in at the end of May.


Athena sent along a link to The Sartorialist a blog featuring pictures of real people in stylish clothes going about their lives mostly in NY. It struck me as I went through his archives that the owner is developing a good portfolio to be presented to the NY Times when Bill Cunningham decides to retire.

The Satorialist is in contrast to the tiresome fug girls at Go Fug Yourself whose raison d’etre is flagellating that pathetic species known as celebrities. The other day I saw a comment that the fug girls were interviewed on National Public Radio, which can only mean that their ‘use by’ date has passed.

You would think that some enterprising agent would hire a photographer to stalk the fug girls and record their own fashion faux pas'. Obviously Lizzie Grubman has lost her edge since being thrown in the clink.

You heard it here first (maybe), but check out the Latin Siren. Sasha has been nice enough to place Mercurial Girl on her sidebar and I would like to return the favor.

File under: Another bites the dust. El Bow has decided to close down the Journal of the Dull Hypothesis. Good luck.

Hanna contacted me saying she is in Paris and wants to get together, we'll do so tomorrow evening.

Kim

3 Comments:

Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Congrat on your new place; at least everything will be new which is good. Hope Waldo will like his new accommodation too. :) Didn't know you kept in touch with Hanna. I thought she rubs you the wrong way.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to The Sartorialist. Cool.

10:47 PM  
Blogger The G Manifesto said...

The satorialist is one of the most engaging sites on the web.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home