Thursday, June 01, 2006

Christina at Stick a Fork in Me had a wonderful rant yesterday about how it sucks being a woman and of course sex. Of course it could be worse, she could be a man. Is there anything more useless than a man? I know its nice to have one around to move heavy stuff, but I passed high school civics [sic] and have a basic understanding of simple machines (for those of you who don’t; ramps, screws, pulleys etc.) and can make do. And beside there is always someone advertising in the local.

Sex? I thought about my top ten sexual memories and seven of them involved women partners and of the three that involved guys included Dmitri. Even child bearing, hell if I met the woman of my dreams when it was time for kids we’d just make a withdrawal from a sperm bank.

Bees have it right a queen, a bunch of workers and a few males competing to reproduce then they die. (Am I a bitch today and I’m not even PMSing.)

All the guilt tripping women about liking sex, restrictions on birth control and abortion are all variations on the keeping us bare foot and pregnant conducted by desperate men and their female sycophants.

But none of the men who read this blog are like this.

By the way Christina the new blog skin is fantastic.


Sidebar update Fallen Girl Falling, the return of a favorite writer. Check her out.

Kim



8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a guy, as a client (not of yours), as a father of adult women, great post. Many women internalize bad things about sexuality and sex itself. Even women in the business.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Gillette said...

Up until around age 33, my basic opinion about men was that they were useless. I thought it ideal to just have all the women and children living together in communities then to have a busload of men come in a couple times a week for a good fuck for those who wanted a cock. I was an angry woman, angry at all the injustice, pain and evil I had seen that had all been caused by men.

Your post also brought to mind the study that found contrary to popular myth, the happiest people on the planet are married men and single women.

How are these two connected? As I have gone through life I have come to the conclusion that nothing is simple and that things are not as they seem at first glance.

Around age 33, I remembered that the biggest bully in the school yard is the one who has the least self esteem, the one in the greatest pain and the one least likely to have the inner resources to acknowledge and feel that pain. Instead, they spew and run from that which they are terrified. It all came together like a huge
"A-Ha" inside of me around men.
I was able to let go of my anger and learned to like them.

7:45 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

All very interesting, and of course a slightly amusing recapitulation of the last 35 years or so of feminist writing on sex. Nothing much new under the sun either, as there exists plenty of older literature that will say much the same thing in slightly more colorful language from 100's of years ago. Yes, really. So the world is born anew each day, even in Barrie. Maybe even especially in Barrie.

Here's hoping that everyone finds the bliss they seek with whatever soft furry soul(s) of your current desires. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

12:16 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

From Nichole in an email, "I think you meant high school physics..."

Yeah, I did, everyone know's civics is a small car from Honda.

Thanks for the correction.

K

11:41 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Gillette: You're so reasonable. But its hard to have a good rant and be reasonable.

One thing I've noticed is that men improve with age making them easier to get along with.

Your comment on the happiness study reminded me of one I heard on NPR recently (yeah for internet radio) about happiness of married couples. That the periods of a marriage that people respond that they are happy in their marriges is before they have children and after the children leave the nest.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my kids. They've given me countless hours of joy and laughter. Nothing moves you like the fear which grips you when your child is in the hospital. They give so much meaning to life.

But they're stressful and they're always on your mind and they ruin your sex life. If you're talking sex, the best times are when they're not around - like when they're at camp.

Men can get better as they get older because male insecurity and the importance of the penis both lessen.

4:34 PM  
Blogger myra idora said...

i agree 100% about what u r saying about the sex thingy. but for me. i got bigger problem.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Stolenswan said...

VJ, I was not trying to say anything new. It's nothing new. My blog is not a scientific blog. Or a social commentary blog. It's a blog where I write my thoughts. That's it.

MC, thanks for the link. I'm glad you enjoyed the rant. It was enormously helpful for me to get all of that out.

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home