Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Kim & Company will at least make as much money in Q4 as it did in Q2. One of the proposals I submitted has been accepted. There is a lot of time till the end of the year so we may get back on track but as it stands we’ll be taking a step back. For the business to be viable I need to see continuous revenue growth, I’m very pleased with how Q3 is shaping up and the if I can have the same percentage of growth Q3 to Q4 that I had from Q2 to Q3 my finances would look pretty good going into 07.

At the beginning of July I had five significant proposals out. One has come in and we’re out of the running on a second. Of the remaining, one I’m pretty sure is lost, another I’m told, we’re a finalist, and the fifth has gone on the back burner due to problems with in the client’s company. Unfortunately none of these is the long-term significant hour contract that would increase my comfort level. Mimi is relieved and she should be as she works hard and deserves to have some security.

Kim

4 Comments:

Blogger Gillette said...

My dear, if you are profitable the first year you are doing amazingly!!! Many businesses don't show that for a few years at least. Pat yourself on the back every day for your successes!!!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Congrats to Kim&Co for securing projects well into Q4. Hopefully after all the expenses are paid, you'd have something for yourself as well. Since the year is only half way through, chances are good that more projects may come your way before the year is over, no? A job well done, Kim! :)

5:27 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Yes, If you're actually in the black and getting more business and steady call backs you're doing better than average. Profits usually wait for the 2nd year out, but your set up has not much overhead, so that's something to keep in mind too. Controlling costs and having a steady reliable cash flow is a very good start to a profitable enterprise though. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

8:25 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm impatient that's all. My expenses are low, which is good. I do owe money to myself that someday I'd like to pay back. My grandfather's did make an investment in K&Co and like all flinty businessmen (and women) they'd like a return.

My business plan is reasonable; Q2 I hit my expectations, Q3 will far exceed them. Now I want Q4 to grow beyond Q3, but I'll settle for hitting my plan's number in Q4.

K

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home