Thursday, August 24, 2006

The air feels like fall and the showers have returned. At Christine’s last week it was still summer, hot and humid, and would remain so for another month. If anything will keep me from making Paris my life long home it will be the weather.

****************************

It is funny how different sisters can be and how that difference comes out in similar situations. A month prior to Grace’s wedding (aka bridezillla), Leah and I were recipients of G’s daily messages of outrage regarding some perceived slight or what she viewed as some morons attempt to deny her the most memorable wedding possible. From L the daily message is things are fine, this didn’t work out so we’re doing an alternative. She told me that in total they sent 80 invitations, but she had hoped for a more intimate gathering.

Living in Paris has isolated me from the weddings of friends and relatives. I get the invitations, but few expect me to make the trip, excepting those who have planned destination weddings. Since the beginning of the year, I’ve received eight invitations to which seven have/will get regrets and a gift. While it would have been nice to attend that would have been a lot of weekends to tie up.

********************

I’ve spoken with Grace again about the possibility of her opening a US office of Kim & Co in NY, as I’m convinced that small to medium sized companies trying to break into the European market can be a great niche for me. She’s interested, but with the baby due in January, she doesn’t want to start anything significant.

********************

Friend update. Michael is being transferred to Chicago in February. Elyse is ecstatic and Mike’s less so as he enjoys the lifestyle available in a small city. Amy and Rachel are back together, though all is not bliss, but both say they are happy. Amy did buy an apartment in Florida and in turn Rachel dipped into her trust fund and bought them an apartment in Chicago. Significantly each place has only one name on the deed.

Kim

8 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Good to hear the news, but separate apartments about 1000 mi away? Now that's some luxury! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

9:54 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I was unclear, R&A continue to live in Chicago, now in the place Rach bought. Amy's place in Miami is a winter escape.

K

12:24 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

That's still some rich living Kim, but thanks for the clarification. I'd like to see you open an Am branch of Kim & Co. too, but probably not with sis. Typically this presents too many obstacles & challenges for a new biz. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

9:52 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

BTW: More tech toys & tools here:
[http://www.coolhunting.com/]
Cheers, 'VJ'

11:43 AM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Thanks for all the updates and keeping up to speed. What happened to the Raymond update? :) Missing weddings in the States is not so bad is it? It prevents those nosey friends and relatives from asking why isn't Kim married yet or something.. *shrug* Can't wait for the Kim&Co US office; then you'll be an international company... Wow! :)

3:07 AM  
Blogger desert diamond said...

Hello!
I love the way you write, and your transformation from "easykimmie" to "Mercurial Girl" is astonishing. What a beautiful woman you are! I hope you don't mind that I linked to you.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

DD, thank you for the compliment and yes feel free to link to Mercurial Girl. What is your blog so I may reciprocate.

K

3:17 PM  
Blogger desert diamond said...

Thank you!
I'm here: http://onlyamirage.blogspot.com

I'm not sure how to file me, so file as you will. :)

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home