Tuesday, September 12, 2006

For Kim & Co, Leah’s wedding couldn’t be at a worse time. There is a ton of work to be completed for the auto show as well as several other projects that roll out over the next six to eight weeks. Though I’ve engaged another contractor to assist, everything requires the attention of either Mia or myself and for a couple projects I need to be involved. But the wedding is this weekend and I’m the maid of honor so I’ve got my priorities set and we’ll hope the business takes care of itself.

If I can stay awake for seventy-two hours straight I can meet all my responsibilities and then sleep through the wedding. A bad idea, so I’m taking a late flight and through the wonders of time zones I’ll arrive only a couple of hours after I start. By the clock anyway. Sleep on the plane, catch a couple of hours sleep in the hotel and then get up about 3 AM for teleconferences with clients in Paris and then a meeting with a prospect locally and then to about the same thing on Thursday without the flight. Oh and meet my responsibility to Leah. I do have it figured out so that I get eight hours of sleep each day, but its like 2-4-2. Fortunately I can be a good napper. Why can’t you summon insomnia on demand? Raymond arrives on Friday. So if you see a girl in a stylish gray suit sleeping under a newspaper on a park bench, it's me.

Kim

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Sorry to hear that business obligation conflicts with your playtime. You can only do what you can and hope for the best. Sleep when you can and try to save some time to play with Raymond; you sound happy/naughty when you talk about him. Take care and have a safe flight over the pond. :)

11:41 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Welcome to the work a day world Kim! It's more than stressful, it'll consume you if you let it. Hope your trip & the Wedding go well. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home