Sunday, October 01, 2006

I’ve received unofficial word that Kim & Co. has been selected to provide event and other marketing services for my client under a one year agreement. It will be a couple of weeks before the final approvals. Mimi was with me when I found out; we both were nearly in tears. It hasn’t quite sunk in.

****************************

If Mercurial Girl has a tradition it is my little review of fashion for the current season. I was shopping the other day, shoes, and as I looked at a pair I was reminded of the Doc Martins that I tossed out in moving to Paris. If I still had them I could run them to the cobbler to add some high heels and I’d be right in style. Then there are the handbags as large as steamer trunks and the layers. You would think you were wearing swaddling clothes.

If you think I’m not excited about this fall you’re right. I’m sure I’ll find things to buy, but in general I’m passing on this season.

Armani 1

Armani 2

Armani: I like the trim silhouettes that echo the forties and fifties. The skirts that fall just below the knee, and jackets that graze the tops of the hips. Small bags and clutches and lastly the hats, I love the hats.

Chanel-Diane Von Frustenburg

Chanel and Diane Von Furstenburg: Over the last couple of years I’ve found much to like in the Chanel collections, but not this year, except this coat. It’s cute and I’d look wonderful in it. To me DVF’s best pieces are the day wear. These would be right at home in any office or for a day shopping.



Lanvin

Lanvin: As recently as a few years ago Lanvin was nearly a corpse of a design house, but times change. Black monochrome, turtlenecks, slim skirts and boots, off to some smoky (in Paris) jazz club. I really like these separates. They’d be perfect for dinner, the theater or a party. If you are traveling they could get you by if you needed something formal. In fact I’d like to try these on and the two Narsico Rodriguez outfits directly below.


Narcisco Rodriguez A

Narcisco Rodriguez

Narsico Rodriguez: Narsico has been consistently good for the last several years. If he has the business sense or trusts the right business manager, I think he can be the next Ralph Lauren



Proenza Schouler

Proenza Schouler: The boys continue to excel in the edgy but wearable category. Three looks that will attract attention.


Ralph Lauren

Ralph Lauren A

Ralph Lauren: A resourceful girl could do worse than to take Lauren’s catalog down to the local discount store and recreate the look. His clothing is classic and refined and screams well kept woman.

Let me tell you a secret, I have a crush on Olivier Theyskens. He’s so adorable, the hair and eyes, a girl would kill for those eyes. All that and he’s got that shy boy thing going that makes you want to wrap your legs, uh, I mean, arms around him. And then there are the clothes…


Olivier Theyskens02

I met him once at a reception. Well met maybe too strong a word, he came into the room and a publicist rattled off a bunch of our names, he said hello and then was shepherded off to meet with ones more worthy. Alas I’m all but positive he’s gay

From the last collection of Rochas. Good luck at Nina Ricci Oliver.


Rochas

That's all for now. Off to stand my watch at the auto show.

Kim

7 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Fantastic news on the contract Kim! Congrats all around. I think I'd take fashion a bit more seriously if the gals looked a bit more human too. Some of them look positively frightening. And I know why you might do it for space constraints, but I don't throw out much, and that's saved me a bit of heart ache over the years. Shoes only get tossed well after their retirement. I still wear some 15+(?) year old boots to muck out the yard from time to time, and most of my shoes are a few years old. I now have enough of them though that most are worn for just unique occasions. But when I see some I like I get a few, as their's no guarantee anyone will be making them 6 mo. from now! Cheers & again it's good to hear of your starting success. Good Luck! 'VJ'

7:34 PM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

A toast to the sweet success for Kim&Co! It definitely validates the good work Kim&Co does and hopefully it is only the beginning of many success to come. :) Hopefully it doesn't mean the end of your whoring career; otherwise life will get dull. :P

Another new season, another new fashion. I could've swear the pics from this year's collection are nearly identical to last year. *shrug* But what do I know. I guess the retro looks are in... they always get recycled after a few years. Next time, after an autoshow, care to post pics of new designed cars? :P

2:12 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Me, I thought the whole idea was to work your way slowly out of one job and into another. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

11:52 AM  
Blogger desert diamond said...

Congrats on the Kim & Co news! That's fantastic!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thank you all.

K

10:28 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

The CBC's take on it sounds about right. And it's short too. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

[http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Home+Family/060928/U092808U.html]

11:28 PM  
Blogger Gillette said...

Congratulations on the Contract!! The gal is flying....but we knew you would.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home