Friday, November 17, 2006

Ségolène won!!

In the morning I leave for the US and will stay nearly two weeks. I’m flying into NY and will have lunch with Grace before taking the train to Washington to see Kenny, Catherine and the kids, as well as Grampy. Monday will mean a trip to the Carolina’s to see my maternal grand parents and then to Raymond after that. At least I’ll stay put for a few days. Then to Los Angeles where my client is having a 2007 planning meeting in the days leading up to the LA Auto Show.

I always try to cram too much into these trips but everyone is so important to me. Grace is due in January and I want to see her pregnant, I want to touch her belly and feel the baby kick. I want to tell her again that she’ll be a good mom because we had the best training, being raised by a good mom.

And seeing my grandparents, having lunch with Grampy and having him telling me more about his life with my grandmother. Being at Gramma’s table and golfing with Granddad. How can I come to the States and not do these things?

Of course Kim & Co is never far from my mind. Monday, on my way to my grand parents, I’m meeting with marketing exec for a textile company who I met while he and his wife vacationed in Paris. On Friday I have two conference calls scheduled. The internet is a blessing and a curse.

******************

A few items to note; Camille of Boston has moved her blog and the link has been updated. Also she has an interesting post on how she approaches being a professional companion. Nia Dark and Lovely, a UK companion joins the Soiled Doves with links to both her blog and professional site.

Kim

6 Comments:

Blogger Pete from Cal said...

I'm exhausted just thinking of the number of things you'll have to do on this trip. You're right about all of the things mentioned in your itinerary are quite important. Hope you can expense part of the trip or have it pay for by your Kim&Co clients. Treasure your time with family and have a nice turkey day with Raymond! And please try not to work too hard on this trip. Take care. :)

12:19 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

All good thoughts, but we hope you enjoy yourself too Kim! Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

7:59 AM  
Blogger niadarkandlovely said...

Kim,

Have a great trip, and thank you for the mention.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very discreet about your plans with Raymond- that's what I want to hear about most! Hopefully that means that things are going so well that you don't want to spoil it by writing about it on the internet.
I didn't get a chance to leave a comment on your original post about the Thanksgiving plans with Raymond, but I had wanted to say that I don't think wanting to spend time with his family (with you) is silly. Its probably really great that he is so close to his family that he can't imagine not spending the holidays with them- I think it shows a lot of loyalty and stability and, you know, other admirable qualities. Bref, have a good trip. Hope the holiday airline craziness doesn't push you over the edge.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Lovely Victoria said...

Kim,

I found your blog thru a blog which i followed from another blog which I followed from another... etc.... I wish that I found yours sooner. I am enjoying the read - what a treat. Have a great trip and please continue to indulge us with your great writing

6:21 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Nicole, it is great that he has strong family ties and I do like them. But I'm interested in who he has chosen as his friends and what they are like.

K

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home