Thursday, January 11, 2007

Raymond has heard from his company about transferring or taking an open position in London. The London job had been offered to someone pending paper work, so that wasn’t really an option. They denied his request to transfer in his current job to London due to budgeting and accounting issues among others. That was the bad news; the good news is they’ve offered him a six-month leave of absence beginning March 1. R was relieved with the offer; if things don’t work out he’ll have a job to go back to and in the mean while he can buy his health insurance through the company.

Another piece of good news is that I’ve found an apartment for us. It is an in-law apartment of a home owned by friends of my uncle. I haven’t seen it, but its furnished and unoccupied. They don’t regularly rent it so we can move in or out at our convenience. The only problem that I can see is that it is in the suburbs about forty-five minutes to downtown. But the price is right and it is convenient to the train.

Things seem to be falling together and now we need to plan to tell his folks.

*****************************

I’ll admit that I’m struggling a bit with the direction of the blog with my life changing and all. I plan to continue to write but there will be some changes. One thing I know is that with a few exceptions I do not plan to regularly write about Raymond and our relationship. The focus will be on me and I may have posts that are reminisces.

I think I'm coming down with something.

Kim

6 Comments:

Blogger niadarkandlovely said...

Kim,

It sounds good. I am happy to read whatever you come up with.

I am just getting over a terrible cold. There is definitely something going around. Everyone I know is ill.

10:25 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

All reasonably good developments Kim. I think a London transfer may have worked better for R, but who knows? Now you can test out the theory that you 2 are truly compatible & can manage to get along together. The next thought was keeping R reasonably occupied while you're together. What will he do over there? (I'm assuming it's 'over there' too, right?) This is difficult due to the lanuage barriers, here see David Sedaris' book 'Me talk pretty one day' for an account of a love affair in Paris without him knowing French all that well.

But the transition is a welcome one all around kim. Your audience does not need to hear the intimate details of your time with R, we'll be satisfied to know of the broad trends & hopefully happy developments. But yes, this sounds very hopeful overall. The next few months will take plenty of work & adjustments, but hopefully it'll all be worthwhile and end & begin well for you both. Cheers & Good Luck as always, 'VJ'

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fantastic news, to hear that everything is moving so quickly in the right direction. Its really brave of both of you, I think. But ultimately, I am a firm believer in following your instincts, which I think is a much better method than months of hesitating and analyzing (I haven't even read the book Blink yet but I am sure that I agree with it 100%) . I understand wanting to keep things to yourself, but you are going to have to let us know a bit how things are going, since we are all so excited for you.
As for London, a 45 minute commute isn't that big of deal, in fact its pretty average. Sounds like a perfect apartment.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Clandestine Call Girl said...

Congratulations. I'm so happy for you, such an exciting development. Are you nervous? Confident? Excited? All of the above?

CCG

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A first posting of comments for me, congratulations on this new direction of your life with R. Your life is changing quickly. Please post the web address of the site of the rules of how to treat a mistress? I wanted to refer to it for naughty purposes.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is good news that Raymond is willing to embark on this new adventure. Glad he is willing to take a leave of absence even without the London position or transfer. We understand your need for privacy and not wanting to talk about the relationship too much. The blog is really about you and whatever you want to talk about. If the relationship is something you want to write about, fine; but if not, no big deal. :) Thanks for deciding to continue to write.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home