Monday, April 02, 2007

Several months ago I mentioned Tui’s blog and how I didn’t understand how someone as bright as her could start using heroin. What I didn’t know at the time was that she was a reader of Mercurial Girl and that post kicked off an exchange of emails that left me with a more complete understanding.

Since then I’ve regularly followed her posts, amazed at the quality of the writing and despairing at her obvious slide toward oblivion. A plea to be left alone with her drug, posts telling of a strung out junky chasing down her dope. An admission that she had begun using coke to have the energy to work at her job and then the inevitable post about problems completing her work.

Late February began a series of posts that started heart wrenchingly and then gave hope and maybe will lead to redemption, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Get well Tui, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love,

Kim

1 Comments:

Blogger tui said...

;)

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home