Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mr. Hedge Fund's party wasn’t quite as exciting as this Terry Rodgers’ painting, but it was a good time.

Mr. HF is a good host, he circulated around, ensuring that his guests were having a good time and were attended to. He has a girlfriend now, a pretty blond from New Jersey. Grace told me about her, using that tone of voice she saves for being critical of me, as in “You ninny, I didn’t arrange for you to meet him so you could let him get away.” But I think the girl feels a bit less than secure, I noticed, as did one of Mr. HF’s buddies, that whenever Mr. HF spoke with me, she appeared at his side in seconds. If Mr. HF noticed, he didn’t give any sign.

One drink short of entering my danger zone, I found myself trapped in a corner by a gentleman who was intent on having me as his weekend recreation. Many of you would recognize his name, but suffice to say he’s someone who seldom hears no and usually gets what he wants.

I enjoyed myself and met some nice people, including a woman who has a business that is complementary to Kim & Co. The next morning I awoke in my own hotel room, there was no strange body in my bed, I could account for all my clothes and there were no blacked out periods in my memory, just a mild hangover.

Saturday evening I returned to Paris and spent a quiet day Sunday, hanging out with Christine. I’ll be here all week as R doesn’t return to London till Saturday.

Kim

5 Comments:

Blogger Gillette said...

Sounds like you had adventures all the way 'round. Glad to be back home?

2:35 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

How you avoided kicking Mr. Trump in his 'nads, we'll never know. But it sounds like a good time had by most! Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

4:02 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Gillette, I am glad to be home. Paris feels like home and London doesn't.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Love your post of Terry Rodgers' painting; very decadent. Doesn't it feel good to know you're a threat to Mr.HF's new gf if you want it to be? :) And how did you managed to escape from being that gentleman's weekend recreation? His loss. *grin*

9:24 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Pete: he was distracted by a passing drink tray, so I took the opportunity to slip away.

K

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home