Monday, August 27, 2007

If there has been one constant at this beach house it has been music. The type has varied from classical to rap, but something is always on. Saturday after I was making dinner with Julie; a crowd was in the living room getting ready for my party (it was my birthday). A dance track was on and it was infectious. Julie and I were bopping as we cut veggies and stirred pots. Then someone cranked it up real loud for Dire Straits, Walk of Life. I wandered out of the kitchen to see what was happening and found Christine (she’s here through the month) and Anne Marie atop chairs as go-go girls, a conga line slithered about the room and a bad Rockettes imitation was going on. Moulin Rouge it wasn’t. And we hardly had anything to drink.

It was great party, the police didn’t come mostly because we invited our neighbors and it never got larger than forty or so people. It ended (for me) with my giving Chloe a lap dance and dragging her off to bed. It being my birthday after all.


Emilie Simon

Sunday morning found we sitting cross-legged on the couch, my coffee cup in my lap, crying my eyes out, which was where Nathalie and Christine found me. Maybe it was too much partying, fear of getting older or hormones, but mostly it’s because I’ve been stuffing my feelings about Raymond and how things ended. I awoke with the blues and was weepy from the start. Nathalie’s a social worker and she knows my history, so she checked me out. Chris sat beside me at Nat brought a chair to sit in front of me and she asked what was wrong. I began a nonsensical wail about how no one would ever love me and that I would have my children by myself and when they were old enough they’d leave me also. By this time Anne Marie, who’s heard this pliant before, came into the room and took in the scene and asked, “Kim we’re going shopping, do you want to come?” “Shopping,” I questioned, “where?” Drying my eyes, another crisis averted.

They did spend time reassuring me that I’m loved and won’t spend my life alone, with Chris telling me that while they might not be much they were my friends. I did find a cute bikini on sale.

Kim

5 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Retail therapy in France. And to think Coco was wise to it too. Sounds like a swell party though & Happy Belated Birthday Kim! Me, if I want to clear out a room and/or have everyone in it weeping, I play Marty Robbins' great 'El Paso'. And not the 'Dead' version either, the original (or one of Marty's). Sadly they've removed this from most Juke boxes in all the old Juke joints. Along with the Juke boxes. And the joints. (Well most of them anyway).

But never look back and wonder. Always face the wind and move forwards. It's a crooked mile, but it gets easier after awhile. Then you'll have more favorable winds to greet you too. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ' [PS Spooky chick & vid there!]

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Pete Doherty said...

Guys don't mind it when women can admit their mistakes and apologize.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Phantom Man said...

Happy Birthday, Kim! I hope you have a wonderful year.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

A belated happy birthday Kim! :) Sounds like you had a blast and having Chloe for bday? Oh la la... :) Care to share a pic of you in your new bikini. I'm sorta a bikini-expert and I want to be the judge of it being cute or not. ;P Heheh..

In response to the other poster's comment, I don't think you have anything to apologize about because you tried to make a relationship work for both of you but in the end, it didn't work out. Simple as that.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Pete Doherty said...

You know who you have to watch out for the most?

The glad-handers and the back-slappers who never tell you when you've screwed up. Afterall, it could never possibly be your fault. Yep, those "friends" are usually easy to find.

And yes, it is as simple as that.

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home