Sunday, December 23, 2007

By and large my closest friends have scattered for the holidays. None of the six are native Parisians and this year they all decided to visit their families. Friday evening was the Kim & Co. Christmas party, a merry group of eleven including spouses and partners. Its times like that when I need to pinch myself to remind me that it’s not all a dream. Last night I got together with a group of ex-pats for a rolling party the details of which a little blurry today. I did wake up alone in my own bed, but I’ll admit I missed a stop or two on the tour.

Today and tonight I’m going to hang out at home with a book, tomorrow I’ll probably let myself get swept along in the masses of last minute shoppers. I’ve nothing I need to get, but watching the flow of humanity desperate to finish their own shopping or find that last perfect gift appeals to my morbid curiosity. I’ll bring my camera.

Christmas eve I’ll spend with Dad and Juliette and her family. I plan to stay over till Christmas day when Anne Marie returns and we leave for Boston.

Kim

2 Comments:

Anonymous Shenae said...

Joyeux Noel, cherie! I thoroughly enjoy your blog and thank you again for your info on work permits.

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Pete from Cal said...

Merry Xmas to you Kim and a happy New Year. Holiday is about being with friends/family and I think you accomplished that. With the stronger Euro, I'm sure you'll have fun spending time back in the states. :) Take care!

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home