Friday, February 29, 2008













I'm insulted about Junya Wantanabe putting bags over the heads of the models.







Bullet magnet? Harry?








In the morning I'm headed for Geneva, Tuesday is press day for the automobile show and I'm trading shapes, in silk and wool, for those in steel and aluminum. Fashion and automobiles have leather in common. And models of course.

I've been to Geneva enough to have a nodding acquaintance with a number of people in the press and industry that a walk through the lobby or a stop at the hotel bar is a marathon of greetings and air kisses. Its different than Paris and fashion, but oddly similar.

Kim

2 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Have fun with all the gizmos, machi9ne & otherwise Kim. And this? " I'm insulted about Junya Wantanabe putting bags over the heads of the models", is just Very Japanese. Really. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Phantom Man said...

I hope your trip to Geneva went well, Kim. I hope it was successful both professionally and personally. I look forward to reading about it here.

I agree with you concerning the bags over the heads of the models. I am reminded of crass men who talk about the need to put a bag over the head of a woman to have sex with her. Does the designer think women will feel the need to put a bag over their head because they are embarrassed to wear these fashions?

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home