Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It hasn’t been a happy couple of weeks in my sister’s house. The chaos on Wall St and its hitting home in a way that past crisis hadn’t. They’ll be OK, just less wealthy.

Juliette stopped by and dropped off the pugs, who are staying with me, while she and Dad are on vacation. When I returned from helping load something into her car I found the dogs sitting on the couch. Whenever they stay here we go through a retraining period, so I shooed them off and they went to a corner where their bed is and looked at me and then at each other, like they were wondering what was wrong with this mad woman. I can’t believe that Dad let’s the dogs up on the furniture, even the bed, yuck. When I reached for their leashes all was forgiven.



Kyo

Some maybe wondering, my period came Sunday. I’m disappointed; those of you who have been around for a while know that I very much want children, and I began to imagine my life. If I removed the chair in the bedroom there would be room for a crib… But I’m also relieved as my life would have been up ended and it would have had significant impact on my business.

Kim

4 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Good to hear Kim. Kids mean chaos, and it takes awhile for many folks to reconcile themselves to that fact. It can be done as a 'singleton' but it's much more difficult & taxing on everything & everyone. Here's hoping for more & better opportunities soon under better & less furtive & more promising circumstances. That not take much either now, right?

Sorry to hear about your sis, I imagine Mr. HF is feeling the same way right now. I went substantially for cash sometime about 2 years ago, I saw it coming down hard. It's about the only thing that saved me the last time too. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Phantom Man said...

Kim, someday I hope you have little ones constantly tugging at your skirt,saying, "Mommy, do this, or Mommy, watch this, or Mommy, I'm hungry, or Mommy, I want this." You will love all of that, and you will be a great mom because you want it so.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Pete from Cal said...

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. Your time will come for you to be mommy when the time is right, ready or not. It's just not time yet. It might be a good thing because I really don't think the grocer's son would be a good choice given he is only 18.

Wish you can post pics of the pugs if it doesn't compromise your privacy because you're always talking about them! :)

Take care!

2:39 AM  
Blogger niadarkandlovely said...

Kim,

You have been tagged.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home