Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hanging on the rack it screamed KIM try me on. A summer dress, sleeveless with a rounded neck, slightly off shoulder and not demanding décolletage, I picked up and held in front of me and studied my reflection in the mirror. I glanced at Anne Marie for affirmation and she nodded, so off to the dressing room to try it on.

I did a little pivot and the skirt flared out, “What do you think?” I asked AM, she replied that it looked great on me. Fidgeting in front of the mirror I tried viewing myself from all angles, “I don’t know,” I muttered. AM gave me the look she gives me when I’m being stupid about clothes, I have a version for her and she shook her head. “What’s wrong?” She asked. I didn’t reply, then went and changed, hang the dress back on the rack.

“It’s floral,” I whined. “So,” she said, “you’ve been complaining that you don’t have enough color in your wardrobe. “I was thinking some nice bright solids or a pattern, or maybe something like a drip painting, even a few flowers would be fine, but this looks like someone tipped over a stand at the flower market,” I commented. She rolled her eyes.

An hour later I circled back and bought it. As we left I told AM that I hoped no one tried to water me or put me in a vase.

Kim

1 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Believe me, I know the feeling. Some people are floral people. Some just aren't. Holly Golightly? Floral. Most people are slightly less so. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home