Thursday, June 05, 2008

Waiting for my plane Saturday, I fell asleep in the departure lounge so soundly that I didn’t hear the page me when it was time to board. If the gate agent hadn’t woken me I would have missed my plane. Of course after we took off I couldn’t fall asleep, so I sat began letting my mind wander. My former client Michel popped in my mind, not that I wondered what happened to him or what he was doing, but how he spent nearly his whole life traveling for business and living out of a suitcase and how I can see something similar to that happening to me. Jacques’ pooh-poohs that fear, telling me not to worry about it and that if I find myself in that situation it is because I allow/want it. I hope he’s right.

I really don’t know what I’d do without Mimi. After I settled on where our new office would be and worked out the details with the architect and builder, she took over and made all the move arrangements and scheduling. She really is a good manager and enjoys coordinating tasks and events.

Monday, I almost forgot that we would be in our new offices and almost changed trains to go to the old location. A couple of things I’ll miss from the old location are the windows and that we were on the twelfth floor. The new space is in an older, low-rise building, but the neighborhood is livelier.

Kim

2 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Geez that's one kind gate agent. Here in Atlanta, they'd be sizing you up for a kidney donation soon enough! Cheers & Good Luck on the Move! 'VJ'

10:43 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

FYI: By means of comment:

The Cult of Virginity (in Paris)
by Karen Hedwig Backman
Thu Jun 12, 2008 at 09:13:38 AM PDT

Deifying the hymen.

If not "true" virginity, the illusion of virginity.

* Karen Hedwig Backman's diary :: ::

[http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/6/12/121338/533/919/534025]

Not cheered by the thought... 'VJ'

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home