Tuesday, December 02, 2008














These have been put up all over Paris. Cedric has more details at Paris 2e.


Are you wondering what John Galt is up to in the current financial crisis? McSweeney has an update.

Business is bringing me to NY on Thursday and on Wednesday I’m taking the opportunity to sneak into Washington to see my grandfather, and if possible, Amy & Rachel, who are living there now. Rachel took a job in DC following graduation and Amy’s firm has an office there so she transferred. On the back side I’m planning to see Christine. It’s convenient having my closest friends and family all on the east coast.


I’ve mixed feelings about Alex Kuczynski’s womb renting experience as told in Sunday’s, Times Magazine. On the one hand I’m queasy about the whole idea but on the other I know that I badly want children of my own and at least one who is my biological progeny. A thought that gives me occasional cold sweats in the night is that I’ve never been pregnant and it might not be just luck and timing that I wasn’t at 15, 16 or 17. I’m not so queasy that I would give up the option.

Kim

1 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Thanks for the links Kim, Alex's story sounds positively Victorian in some sense. The 'work' always being handled by others, the 'hired help'. Just amazing to contemplate. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home