Tuesday, January 20, 2009



A deadline kept me in the office; the others had gone leaving only my canine pal. Friends were gathered to watch the inauguration and the texts and IM were so frequent that I turned off the notifications. Just before six I turned on the TV and watched the oath and the President’s inaugural speech. When he finished, I turned it off and reflected on the words so somber, a litany of challenges countervailed by the character of the nation. Serious and determined, rather than hopeful, which in the end may provide us with the most hope.

The future appears brighter.

Kim



5 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Our long national unconstitutional nightmare is now over. I almost never thought I'd see the day or live to. Very hopeful, just not about the economics right now... Cheers, 'VJ'

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Kim,

I hope I didn't offend
w/my remark about New Year's Eve...
knowing you are bi...blue being is
a woman.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Phantom Man said...

Kim, I thought of you as I stood in the cold with so many others and listened to his words. So many people are so very hopeful, and so relieved that, in the words of Gerald Ford at another time, "Our long national nightmare is over." It will take a generation to recover, but we are now on the path to recovery. At last.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Anon. I needed to go back and find that comment and there was nothing offensive. New Year's Eve was a girls night out, a pot luck at a friends and off to a club for dancing but my 'hot woman' was someone familiar.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Anon also. I would have been surprised if blue being were not a woman.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home