Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The initial winter vacation plan was Tangier, because it is cheap, warm and easy to get to. For a long time Tangier has had an unappealing reputation but lately the whispers that it’s becoming a hip destination and since we’re desperate to be hip at least once in our lives, we figured what the heck.

Then Chloe suggested Dakar, none of us had ever been to Senegal and we’ve all been to Morocco, plus it would be warmer still. A check of air fares showed getting there was pretty cheap and when Ann Marie arranged for our hotel to be comped, the decision was made. The room fine with a great view of the dumpster. Way to go AM

I’ve noticed a pattern on my first full day of vacation, I have no motivation to do anything but stretch out in the shade and sleep. I really can feel the tension wash from my body and it is a reminder as to how hard I drive myself at times. Relaxing is what I did today and now I’m hungry.

Kim

1 Comments:

Anonymous Phantom Man said...

Congratulations, Kim. I know how you feel about first days on vacations -- there is an incredible feeling of relief, and you feel like sleeping a lot. I have never been to Dakar, but the photos look beautiful. I hope you have a great vacation.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home