Monday, March 23, 2009

We returned on Saturday night, given the time I decided to wait till Sunday to pick up Wags from Dad’s. With him gone the apartment seemed so empty and quiet. They sent me video clips of him and I know that I missed him more than he missed me, but he was at the door when Waldo and I pulled up in front of the house. Dad said he must have recognized the car as one second he was chewing on a toy and the next he was bolting for the door.

This week Wags and I will start obedience training, but Juliette has been working with him and when I arrived they showed off. He’s very smart and willing to please, but there’s not much of an attention span. He’ll obey the initial command, but as soon as something distracts him he’s off. She and Dad were bantering back and forth during the demonstration and she joked that Wags was as difficult to train as Dad. Which generated a thought, and a warning to my self not to go there, but it was too late and I carried that image the rest of the day.

When you own a business, you never get away from it, but I am good about not obsessing when gone. It helps to have someone like Mimi, who will deal with what needs to be dealt with and will put aside that which can wait. We do talk everyday when I’m gone, but she makes no bones about the fact that she doesn’t tell me everything that’s going on. So it’s with some trepidation that I approach my first day back. Fortunately nothing of consequence, just the same worries.

March will be our best month for billings this year, though down from last year. This is good as April is shaping up to be awful. For what ever reason, April has always been a slow month regardless of what we’ve tried. Other years we could cover our expenses but not this time, March will have to cover us. Prior to the economy collapsing I had begun to take steps to diversify our activities so that we would be less reliant on our client’s budgets. In May those efforts should begin to bear fruit. That is of course unless the tree is barren.

Kim

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a lot like Wags. - M

11:33 PM  
Anonymous VJ said...

Ditto. Never quite been trained mostly. Fortunately it's worked out down the years. Hopefully you got back refreshed too. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

3:14 AM  
Anonymous VJ said...

BTW: Nothing's quite recession proof: [Via Huffington Post]: [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/03/23/adult-entertainment-jobs-_n_177993.html] Cheers, 'VJ'

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home