Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Poor Waldo was in for plastic surgery after being assaulted by a brutish delivery van a couple of weeks ago while parked near my office. A fender was nearly ripped off the poor dear. The body shop, being a pillar of Gallic efficiency needed to keep him all week, just to bolt on a new fender. It’s not like they have to paint it even. I did resist the temptation to give him a new look by replacing all the body panels, money best saved.

My intent was to rent a car, but Dad suggested taking his Porsche, as he’d be out of town anyway. Now I know why he wanted one for so long, and does make his denying himself even sillier. The first day I learned that a Porsche has more cred at the valet stand than a Smart. A trip to Lyon was in my schedule and rather than take the train I drove and found out that it attracts a lot of attention.

On the autoroute I met the nicest motorcycle policeman, he was so polite and handsome in his uniform. He explained how concerned the government was for my safety and that, though I may not have noticed, I was exceeding the posted limit. I considered trying the girl-card, but figured I’m too old, so I tried penitence. That didn’t seem to work as I still received an invitation to make 100€ contribution to the state. Next time I’ll flirt.

Kim

2 Comments:

Anonymous jo said...

I think you know I love you for that post. And yes, flirt.

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, by all means, flirt. no woman is ever too old for that, silly girl.

heck, you are lucky he didn't give you a second ticket for failing to flirt in the face of authority.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home