Monday, June 15, 2009

Last week was hectic, it started in Le Mans, back to Paris, Lyon, Paris and a return to Le Mans. Business related to the race brought me to Sarthe and I also served as a mascot for one of the entries. During an earlier sponsor event, a fellow struck up a conversation, when I asked what would bring him to Le Mans he told me he was with one of the entries. This I found interesting and after a bit he asked if I wanted to join them in the team box. "Perhaps I could bring them luck," he said. Figuring that this was the auto-racing equivalent to being invited up to see a man’s etchings. I accepted, as he was interesting and attractive, a good combination.

When not conducting my own business I hung out with them as it beat the hotel. After a day I asked if there was anything I could do, figuring they’d give me clipboard and a stopwatch, like I saw the wives and girlfriends carry when I watched races with Dad and my brother, there was something I could do, "stay out of the way". Eventually I was appointed chief gopher, as in go for this and go for that, usually food, coffee or water.

As far as being a good luck charm? That depends how you look at it, the car broke, but everyone got home safely.

Kim

1 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Good enough for a day's work & relaxation. But the timing is all done electronically now. Cut up 7 ways from Sunday to analyze later. With the tech guys & their computers. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home