Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My high school class reunion will need to proceed without me, the cost in time and money is simply too high. That of course left a problem, since I wouldn’t be notable by my absence, probably vaguely remembered at best, my ego (narcissism) wouldn’t be sated without some type of appearance. The ubiquitous, letter to my classmates seemed lame and then my college friend Karen suggested a mini documentary, or was that mockumentary, of what I’ve done for the last 10 years.

K’s a videographer and conveniently visited Paris last month. Prior to coming she gave me a list of equipment to rent and I hired a lighting person I’ve used to assist her. We had a blast; my friends participated with Karen and Rachel doing cameo’s about college supplemented with some pictures from then. Throughout different friends would pop in and say stuff about me including Dad who did a shout out to my childhood friends. Anne Marie and Chloe cooked up a sight gag at my expense that was repeated throughout the clip, while Wags was a constant presence and would let out a howl whenever he felt ignored.

Denise hosted a party where the finished, but for title, vid was premiered. Well lubricated we began suggesting titles. My suggestions were pretty banal, and then Chris set the group off on a hilarious string of profane suggestions when she proposed, The Slut Still Lives by a River. The river motif was adapted, but not the rest.

Kim

1 Comments:

Anonymous VJ said...

Most excellent. Cheers & Good Luck, 'VJ'

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home