Friday, October 02, 2009

Turning without looking, I stepped into a VIFP (very important fashion person) with courtiers. Nothing to do of course but step back, excuse myself and smile. Expecting a withering stare, I received a quick survey of my outfit, vintage Chanel, even from a mediocre collection, being appreciated, and a question, had we met.

Formally several years ago I replied, but more likely I’m familiar due to my company having represented clients during fashion week in Paris, Milan and London for several years. Who introduced us? Grace ____, my sister, at ____, mentioning the location. Grace’s name evoked a smile and the comment that she has an adorable but rambunctious child. I agreed that Robbie is indeed all boy. “You must be the sister she’s in business with?” “I am,” I replied, and they were gone. A moment later an assistant circled back and asked for my business card as she handed me one. The exchange made I looked at my program manager; I asked him if he wanted to bet dinner that this wasn’t the assistants card, he shook his head. Indeed on turning it over it was the assistant’s.

Kim

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nevertheless, at least VIFP remembers you. Hopefully new business opportunities will be forthcoming. :)

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home